The Peninsula Fischland-Darß-Zingst Scenic TourProduct ID: 50023
From US$119.84 per personBook now
- Discover unspoilt nature and dramatic scenery on the three former island Fischland, Darß, and Zingst
- Explore authentic villages with thatch roofs and beautifully decorated houses and gardens
- Learn more about the million year old amber and its many facettes in the German Amber Museum
- Get off the beaten path and sample some local specialties
Start with a stop at the lagoon port of Wustrow. It smells of fresh smoked fish and you can get a closer look at the specifics of the “Bodden” (lagoon).
In Ahrenshoop enjoy the beautiful view from the steep coast toward the Baltic Sea and discover the authentic motifs which have already inspired the painters of the 19th century. Special highlights include the art and craft shop “Bunte Stube” from the 1920s and the unusual, small “Schifferkirche” church from the 1950s.
Driving through the village of Born you will see a lot of the typical, thatched homes with colorful, carved doors. Make sure you also pay a visit to the old seamen’s church of Prerow with its preserved headstones. There or in the nearby seaside resort of Zingst you will have the opportunity to take a stroll on the beach promenade and taste some local specialties.
In the afternoon return to Rostock via the main land along the southern coast of the chain of lagoons and stop for an inside visit at the fascinating German Amber Museum in Ribnitz, settled in an old convent.
- Private transport in air-conditioned car, van, or bus depending on you group size
- English-speaking tour guide
- Snack and drink
- Entry to Amber Museum including a brief introductory tour
Tour starts and ends at cruise terminal Warnemuende or Rostock. Your guide will wait for you you in front of the terminal building with a name board. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 50023