Turn heads as you tour the streets of Rome by vintage 1960s Volkswagen Kombi, and enjoy a unique 3-hour excursion of the main monuments and neighborhoods. Stop to savor the flavors of 4 distinct types of Italian wine with a master sommelier.
What to Expect
Climb aboard a vintage Volkswagen Kombi-Bus from 1969, and take a unique sightseeing tour of Rome to experience its fun side, including great music and good wine!
During your ride down memory lane, feel the breeze in your hair via the open roof, and listen to dance hits of the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s on the sound system. Sip a cold glass of Prosecco as you cruise past imperial monuments, such as the Arch of Constantine and Colosseum, and go to the Spanish Steps to see the house of the English poet John Keats.
Drive past Piazza del Popolo and St. Peter’s Square. Go up Gianicolo Hill (Janiculum) for panoramic vistas of Rome, or explore the narrow streets of the Trastevere. Itineraries are completely flexible; you choose what you want to see and where you want to stop.
A fixed camera on board the bus will capture your adventure on film for a unique souvenir memory, while a master sommelier will introduce you to 4 distinct styles of wine, including sparkling and dessert wines during your 4 included breaks.
- Transportation by vintage Volkswagen Kombi
- Driver for the entire duration of the tour
- Master sommelier at your disposal for the entire duration of the tour
- Tasting of 4 different types of Italian wines with appetizers
- Souvenir HD video
What's Not Included
- Tips (optional)
- Any other service not mentioned in "what's included"
Know Before You Go
• The precise itinerary and route can be determined by you on arrangement with your driver
• There will be 4 breaks during the tour, with 4 different tastings of Italian wines, guided by a Master Sommelier (1 sparkling wine, 1 white wine, 1 red wine, and 1 dessert wine)
• Confirmation of your booking will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed, your voucher will be sent by email. This is your ticket and proof of purchase