Vatican Museums and Colosseum Full-Day Tour with LunchProduct ID: 43038
From US$163.42 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up from hotels in the historic center of Rome available on request.
- Explore the vast galleries of the Vatican Museums with an art historian
- Marvel at the ruined temples of the Roman Forum
- Go to Capitoline Hill, one of the legendary 7 hills of Rome
- See the Bocca della Verita stone disk in the Basilica of S. Mariain Cosmedin
- Admire Bernini's bronze baldaquin and altar
- Discover Michelangelo's lamentation sculpture of the Pietà
Continue to the Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s miraculous frescoes, before proceeding to St. Peter's Basilica, where you will gaze in awe at the soaring dome and vast floor plan, also by Michelangelo. Continue with his famous Pietà sculpture, and see the gold and bronze baldaquin by Bernini. Walk onto St. Peter's Square, where you can opt to spend the rest of your afternoon basking in the historical richness of the Vatican City.
After a break for lunch, wander into the heart of Imperial Rome and admire the ruins of the temples of the Roman Forum. Your guide will help build a picture of life in the Eternal City in the days of the Roman Empire.
Stroll over to Piazza del Campidoglio on Capitoline Hill to admire the architecture of Michelangelo at the Palazzo dei Conservatori and Palazzo Nuovo. End your tour at the Basilica of S. Mariain Cosmedin, built during the Byzantine papacy and home to the Bocca della Verita stone disk depicting the face of a fawn or river god with its mouth open. According to legend, the stone was used to judge people's honesty.
- Entrance to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill
- Hotel pick-up (available for EUR 10 per person)
Meet at the tour supplier's office, located at Viale Bastioni di Michelangelo, 21 (the office is 50 meters from the Vatican Museum's main entrance). (Open in Google Maps)
• St. Peter's is closed to the public on Wednesday from 08:00 to 12:00. During this time the tour will not include St. Peter's Cathedral
• The tour is available every day, except 25 December, 1 January , and 1 May
• This tour features skip-the-line entrance to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum.
Product ID: 43038