Vatican & Sistine Chapel Skip-the-Ticket-Line Tour for Kids
- See all the Vatican highlights on a single tour
- Enjoy a tour designed for kids and their families
- Skip the ticket lines to enter the Vatican Museums
Imagine your children immersed in rich tradition and ancient wonders with a local English-speaking guide who makes learning fun. Give your family the experience of a lifetime on this tour that’s designed and priced for up to 15 participants.
Sightseeing can be overwhelming for children when it involves waiting in boring lines to see places and artifacts they don’t understand. On this tour, your children are the center of activity. With privileged, reserved admission to historic sites, there is no boredom or fidgeting in the long ticket lines.
Interactive visual learning tools, pop-up books, iPad games, and trivia are all incorporated into the experience to provide a realistic glimpse into life in ancient times.
You’ll be escorted through the Vatican Museums for the thrill of a lifetime. Following a treasure hunt theme, children will engage in conversations about the fascinating history of Roman civilization.
Through the works of Michelangelo, Raphael, da Vinci, Caravaggio, and a host of other artists, your family will become acquainted with what it was like to live in ancient times, as an artist, a parent, a child, or even an emperor or soldier.
By special arrangement, the group will travel by passageway from the Sistine Chapel, with its ornate painted ceilings, to St. Peter’s Basilica and Michelangelo’s Pieta'.
- Skip-the-ticket-line entry to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Private tour
- Specialist tour guide
- Food or drink
- Children under 6 years
Prepare for the activity
At the Vatican Museums'entrance, by the white monumental door topped by the statues of Raphael and Michelangelo. The tour guide will be standing there holding a sign with the customer's name.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
• Due to the increasing popularity of Pope Francis and the increased activity in organizing mass events at the Vatican, some areas may be closed at the last minute without prior notice. This has already occurred this year and could happen again during your Vatican tour. In these cases the Sistine Chapel and/or St. Peter’s Basilica might not be accessible. If this occurs your tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative concentrating the tour inside the Vatican Museums.
• A dress code for both men and women requires shoulders and knees to be covered. Shorts and skirts are fine, but must cover the knees.
• This tour is not suitable for kids under 5 years of age.
From US$ 189.42 US$ 113.65 per person