Vatican City and Ancient Rome Full-Day Small Group TourProduct ID: 58522
From $123 $99 Save up to 20% per personBook now
- Skip the long lines to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Learn the history of the Imperial Forum as you walk past the ruins of ancient temples
- Marvel at masterpieces by Michelangelo and Raphael in the Vatican Museums
- See the original street level of Ancient Rome in Piazza Pietra
- Discover ancient maps of the world in the Gallery of Maps
- Reflect in silence at Michelangelo's genius in the Sistine Chapel
- Enter the papal chambers painted for Julius II by Raphael
- Stand beneath the dome of one of the world's great cathedrals
- Admire the well-preserved Pantheon and see some of its tombs of great men
Start your full-day tour at the Arch of Constantine, and journey through Ancient Rome as you travel back to the days of the Roman Republic. Explore the vast Colosseum (Flavian Amphitheatre) to experience up-close the greatest arena the Romans built. Your guide will bring 2,000 years of history to life, telling stories of the ferocious battles between man and beast put on for the delight of Roman citizens.
Then, follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors on a walk through the Imperial Forum. Learn how it was once the center of religious, political and commercial life in Rome. Hear the history of the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina. Learn the story of the Tabularium. Go to the Temple of Hadrian, now incorporated into a building in Piazza di Pietra, where you can see the original Roman street level below ground.
End your morning tour at the Pantheon, the majestic temple of all gods. Commissioned by Marcus Agrippa in 27BC, its massive interior and inlaid marble floors is home to a burial site since the Renaissance times, where the tombs of Raphael and the kings of Italy can be found.
Following a break for lunch, go to the Vatican Museums to discover the world’s most precious art collection. Skip the long lines to enter the museums, and tour in a group of no more than 12 people for a more intimate experience. Collected by popes over many centuries, the collection includes works by Michelangelo, Raphael, and Bernini.
See Michelangelo’s legendary frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. Go to the Octagonal Courtyard to look at the Belvedere Apollo statue. Discover Greek and Roman masterpieces in the Pio Clementino Museum. Wander through the Gallery of Tapestries to see Flemish tapestries by Raphael’s pupils. Marvel at works by ancient cartographers in the Gallery of Maps.
Then, go inside St. Peter's Basilica to see more masterpieces by Michelangelo, Raphael, and Bernini, including Michelangelo’s “La Pieta” beneath the dome of the world’s largest church.
- 6-hour guided tour (3-hour tour in the morning and 3-hour tour in the afternoon)
- Licensed guide
- Entrance fees to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Vatican Museums
- Food and drinks
Meet your guide at the Arch of Constantine, at the side of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. If you are coming from the "Colosseo" Metro Station, the meeting point is across the street on the right hand side beside the Arch of Constantine. If you are coming from Via San Gregorio, the meeting point will be on the left hand side by the Arch of Constantine. Look for your guide holding a "Mea Tours" sign. For the afternoon Vatican City tour, the meeting point is on the corner of Via Sebastiano Veniero and Via Leone IV (Open in Google Maps)
• Knees and shoulders must be covered at all times throughout your visit
• St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public on the 24 December and 31 December
Product ID: 58522