Surprise your partner with a unique, 3-hour tour of Rome! Drive a vintage Fiat 500, in convoy, to some of the Eternal City’s most fabled sites. End with a wine tasting of Italian wines at an authentic bar in the Trastevere, or close to the Colosseum.
What to Expect
Get behind the wheel of a vintage Fiat 500 and explore the sites of Rome in convoy. A unique way to spend a romantic night, the route takes you past the Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica, and more.
Depart at twilight, just as the lights of Rome begin to twinkle. Your convoy of tiny vintage Fiat Cinquecentos will pass historic landmarks, such as the Circus Maximus, Arch of Constantine, Piazza Navona, and Pantheon. Stop at the church of the Trinità dei Monti at the top of the Spanish Steps, and see views that would have inspired Keats.
Your tour also includes a complimentary Chinese good-luck lantern to release into the skies. Then, leave the cars at a specially selected wine bar, as an English-speaking sommelier takes you on a tasting tour of 4 quality Italian wines.
- 2-hour self-drive in convoy by vintage Fiat 500 (manual clutch)
- Tour guide/chauffeur
- Chinese good-luck lantern
- Wine-tasting of 4 quality Italian wines
- English-speaking sommelier
- Passenger and 3rd party insurance
- Pick-up and drop-off at the garage 200 meters from the Colosseum (Via Ostilia 48)
What's Not Included
- Insurance for damages to the driver
- Other restaurant consumptions
- Back-seat security belts
Know Before You Go
• The tour leader might change the itinerary without prior notice due to traffic jams, traffic limitations, sport/political events, adverse meteorological conditions,or other reasons of "force majeure"
• Drivers must be in possession of a valid international or European Union driving license. A PDF copy must be emailed to the local operator before the tour
• Drivers must be able to drive using a manual clutch
• The tour operator reserves the right to refuse permission to drive car if customers are unable to drive a manual clutch or are in unsuitable condition
• Drivers must be fit to drive (no alcohol or drugs before the tour)
• Drinking and eating is not allowed in the cars
• If you are not up to driving or have left your licence at home, opt for the same tour with a driver