Rome: Trastevere Small Group Tour by Golf Cart
From $127 $101 Save up to 20% per personBook now
- Explore the historic Trastevere by golf cart
- Drive down the characteristic streets of a former village
- Cross the River Tiber to Tiber Island
- Discover the former Jewish Ghetto
- Learn how the philosopher Bruno Giordano was executed in the Campo di'Fiori
- See the Marcello Theater and Porch of Octavia
Drive down the lively alleys of the former village, and enter the Jewish Quarter. Pass the lovely fountain in Piazza Trilussa, and learn how it once carried water from the Aqueduct of Trajan. Next, go to Tiber Island in the middle of the Tiber River. Visit the 17th-century BC Marcello Theater, commissioned by the nephew of Augustus, Marcus Marcellus.
See the Porch of Octavia, commissioned by Augustus in the 27th century BC, and dedicated to his sister Octavia Minor. Beside the temples, there is a library erected by Octavia in memory of her son Marcus Claudius Marcellus. Go to a synagogue built between 1901 and 1904. Admire its democratic design, chosen by the community as a reflection of their freedom in Rome.
Next, drive down Largo di Torre Argentina to see the remains of Pompey's Theatre. Discover the ruins of 4 temples in a once sacred area. End on the Campo de' Fiori, dominated by the statue of the poet and philosopher, Bruno Giordano. Learn how he was tried for heresy, and burned at the stake in the medieval market in the 16th century.
- Transportation by golf cart
- Licensed guide
- Tour inside the synagogue and Marcello Theater
- Pick-up and drop off
Meet in front of Santa Maria in Trastevere Church, Piazza Santa Maria, Trastevere, Rome. Your guide will be holding a "Mea Tours" sign (Open in Google Maps)
• Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to departure
Product ID: 50900