Enjoy an audience with the Pope and get a once-in-a-lifetime experience with guaranteed reservation. The half-day tour also includes sightseeing of Rome’s major attractions before heading to St. Peter’s Square.
What to Expect
To enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience of an audience with the Pope at the Vatican you need to have an appointment, and priority viewing tickets are limited.
On your way to the Papal audience, you will travel by air-conditioned coach through some of Rome's major sightseeing spots, including the Piazza della Repubblica, the historic Aurelian Walls, the well-known Villa Borghese Gardens, and the northern gate of Rome, which leads into majestic Piazza del Popolo.
Here you will have a chance to see the Egyptian Obelisk, dating back to the time of Ramses II. Before arriving at St. Peter's Square, and preparing for your audience with the Pope, you will glimpse the impressive Castel Sant'Angelo and the tomb of Emperor Hadrian.
The Papal audience will be held in either St Peter's Square, St Peter's Basilica, or the Audience Hall, depending on seasonal conditions and the number of visitors taking part in the audience. Before the beginning of the audience, you will be given further information on when and where to meet.
- Hotel pick-up from selected hotels in Rome
- Local guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
Meet at 32 Via Giovanni Amendola (near Termini Station).
What to Remember
• This tour is suitable for wheelchair users. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus
• A dress code is required to enter the audience. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
• On Wednesdays in August the Papal Audience will be given in Castel Gandolfo