Rome: The Emperor's Tombs Small Group TourProduct ID: 69622
From $59 $47 Save up to 20% per personBook now
- Walk through the Imperial Forum in the footsteps of Roman Emperors
- Enter in the Pantheon and learn the history of two Emperors that built this marvelous temple
- Discover the sacred area of Largo Argentina where Julius Cesar was murdered
- Look at the Mausoleo of Augustus, built for Emperor Augustus and his family
- Visit the Ara Pacis Museum to admire the majestic and unique Alter of Augustus
- Be amazed by the history of three most important Emperors of Rome and their connection
- Feel the Roman emperors that built up the power of Rome empire that still today known the most important ancient city in the whole world
Next, enter in the Pantheon the majestic temple of all Gods, commissioned by Marcus Agrippa in 27 BC. Marvel at the stunning entrance and massive interior. Then go to the Temple of Hadrian now incorporated in a later building in Piazza Pietra. See the sacred area of Largo Argentina, with 4 temples labeled with the first four letters of the alphabet (A,B,C,D). Discover where Giulius Cesar was killed with 23 stab wounds, by a conspiracy in front of the Pompeio theater.
Learn about the Mausoleo of Augusto, built in the 28 BC, it is the largest circular tomb, with a diameter of 87 meters. At the entrance there are situated the Res Geatae, the biography of emperor Augustus. The tomb was built for all the imperial family of Augustus. Visit the Ara Pacis Museum, which houses the Altar of Peace inaugurated in the 9 BC, to celebrate the reconcilliation of the mediterranean area. This Altar was used from the priests to make sacrifices for the Gods, and it is decorated with mythological scenes.
- Skip the line in to the Ara Pacis Museum
- Admission fees to the Ara Pacis Museum
- Licensed and professional guide
- Head sets to be able to hear your guide during the tour
- 3 hours walking tour in a small group of maximum of 15 guests per guide
- Pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Meet your guide at Via Fori Imperiale corner with Largo Corrado Ricci. Just in front of the Temple of Nerva. Your guide will hold Mea Tours sign to be recognized. (Open in Google Maps)
• Large bags and backpacks are not permitted inside the monuments.
• This service can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to tour departure. Failing to do so will incur full charges.
Product ID: 69622