Experience a unique rock'n'roll show on an antique tram that takes you through central Rome. The band and staff wear vintage 1970s clothes, the music is non-stop, and the red and white Italian wine is unlimited. Enjoy the views at a Coliseum stop.
What to Expect
Join this unusual and exciting tour and see Rome from the tram tracks! This special historical tram ride takes you through the Eternal City to some of Rome's most revered attractions.
Here are some of the monuments you’ll see on this 1 hour 40 minute tour:
• Porta Maggiore
• La Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme
• La Basilica di San Giovanni
• Colosseo (there will be a 15-minute stop at the Coliseum to enjoy the breathtaking view)
• Circo Massimo (Circus Maximus)
• Terme di Caracalla
• Piramide (the Pyramid)
During the ride you’ll enjoy complimentary red and white Italian wine and a live performance by a spectacular band.
Enjoy classic rock (including The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Elvis Presley), the music of Italian-American legends (such as Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin), and Italian favorites (such as Adriano Celentano and Lucio Battisti).
- Red and white Italian wine, in abundance
- Musical concert
The meeting point is in Piazza di Porta. With your back to the big wall, you should see Hotel Porta Maggiore and Bar Porta Maggiore in front of you. Make sure you are on the correct side of the big wall.
On your left there will be a small glass booth that belongs to ATAC, the transportation department. You should find some cement benches right in front of you. You'll see one of the tour hosts with a big sign displaying the tour provider’s logo.
What to Remember
• Tours operator regardless of the weather
• The tour provider cannot wait for latecomers. If you are late, you will have to take a taxi and wait for the supplier at the Coliseum if you miss the tram
• There are no bathroom facilities on board the tram
• Be sure to bring comfortable dancing shoes