Special Tour! Saint Stephen Boxing Day Tour and Dinner
From $51 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up at centrally located hotels
- Great chance to toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain.
- The Roman Forum at night looks like a stage.
- The Colosseum, recently renovated, is as breathtaking as 2000 years ago.
- The Circo Massimo is huge and close to where Rome was really founded.
- St. Mary in Trastevere is a little gem in a super quaint yet international neighborhood.
- Two options, with or without dinner.
Boxing Day is a traditionally secular holiday celebrated on 26 December, the day after Christmas. This date is also called St. Stephen's Day, a religious holiday. No matter how you feel about it, just get on board one of the buses and enjoy a relaxing panoramic tour of Rome by night. Sit back and discover the magical charm of the most famous monuments illuminated at night. Get off to walk through one of Rome's most quaint neighborhoods, Trastevere, and have dinner in a typical restaurant near Fontana di Trevi, where you'll be able to admire Bernini's fountain and toss a coin to guarantee yourself a return to the Eternal City.
Start with a walking tour around Trevi Fountain area: this amazing fountain, designed by Italian architect Nicola Salvi in the 18th Century, is supplied by the Aqua Vergine acqueduct, one of the acqueducts that supplied Ancient Rome with water. In most recent years, Trevi Fountain was the imposing set for the Oscar winning movie by Fellini La Dolce Vita, icon of the Italian sixties and beloved by visitors for the coin throwing tradition, to ensure a future visit to Rome. In this magical atmosphere you'll have dinner in a typical restaurant and taste Italian specialties.
After that, jump on the bus for your panoramic sight of Piazza Venezia, Lungotevere and St. Peter's Basilica beautifully illuminated at night, then head to Trastevere, the lively area of Rome beloved by Roman citizens as an easy-going place to spend a night. Walk around its narrow streets and piazzas, and admire from outside the beautiful Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere, background of the main square.
Don't know how you will come back home? No worries, this tour includes a drop-off service.
- Professional guide
- Walking tour in Trastevere
- Dinner in Trevi area (choose option 'with Dinner')
- Hotel pick-up (only with the option 'with Dinner')
- Hotel pick-up (except with the option 'with Dinner')
Please make your way to the departure point 20 minutes prior to tour start time: Gray Line/I Love Rome Office, Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando 95 opposite the Grand Hotel - Metro A Line - Repubblica Stop)
Product ID: 71670