Spend more time inside when you skip the ticket line at the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel through an official, priority entrance. On this comprehensive guided tour, you’ll experience the best of the Vatican in just 3 hours.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Small group available
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2.5 - 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- Enjoy faster than skip-the-line access through the official Vatican Partner Entrance
- Skip the ticket line for St Peter’s Basilica
- See the Sistine Chapel, Vatican, Raphael Rooms, the Papal collections, the famous Gallery of Maps and more
- Hear in-depth stories behind the art from your expert English-speaking guide
- Make the most of exclusive access, with a maximum group of 20 people
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
- Exclusive skip-the-ticket-line partner access to the Vatican Museums
- Access to the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's
- Tour guide
- Audio headsets
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- St Peter's Dome ticket
- Wheelchair users
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Face mask or protective covering
- Baby strollers
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The Basilica is currently not accessible
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The local tour provider is unable to accommodate visitors with wheelchairs or with walking disabilities
- Entrance to the Vatican is subject to a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees must be covered. No low-cut/ sleeveless tops or shorts. Clients who do not adhere to the dress code will not be permitted entry.
- Access to St. Peter’s Basilica and the Square may be closed in the morning due to the Papal Audience.
- From April - Oct, the tour will include a shorter guided tour of the Basilica.
- From Nov - March, there will be no guided tour inside the Basilica, due to restrictions. Your guide will offer an explanation from outside, and you can still enter the Basilica independently.
- In both cases, tour duration is not affected.