See priceless works of art from the Papal collections with skip-the-line entry to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Go on a stirring journey through centuries of art, admiring masterpieces from antiquity to Michelangelo’s legendary frescoes.
What to Expect
Take a stirring journey through art and religious history with skip-the-line escorted entry to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
Meet the GetYourGuide Guest Relations Team at the meeting point 15 minutes before your scheduled entrance time to start the activity. They will be on hand to lead you inside the attraction. Enter through the fastest entrance available and then enjoy your visit at your own pace.
Tiptoe through the Greek Cross Gallery to see elaborately-carved sarcophagi that might just contain the earthly remains of some of antiquity's famous kings and queens! Peek at the Cabinet of the Masks, or tour the Sala degli Animali to see a virtual menagerie of fantastic beasts, real and imagined. Walk the Upper Galleries, including the Gallery of Maps, to see how cartographers depicted the world through the ages. See masterpieces by Renaissance masters in the Raphael Rooms, and rest for a while in the Borgia Apartments.
Then, it’s time to marvel at Michelangelo’s exquisite Sistine Chapel, the crown jewel of the Vatican, and perhaps even of all the world’s art treasures.
- Skip-the-line reserved entrance at your selected time to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Booking and handling fee
- Audio guide (if option chosen)
- Guest relations assistance to enter the Museums
Meet the GetYourGuide Guest Relations Team 15 minutes before the entrance time at the corner between Via Tunisi and Viale Vaticano
What to Remember
• Late arrivals will not be granted access. Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the starting time
• Please bring a valid ID for children (6-18) to be admitted. Children under the age of 6 go free and don't need a reservation
• Please observe the strict dress code for Sistine Chapel and Basilica; no shorts or sleeveless shirts are allowed
• Audio guides are available if purchased as an add-on in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian and Portuguese
• Be prepared to go through an airport-style security check
• Please note that the museums' hours and closures may be changed due to special events at the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's