Reserved Entrance: Saint Peter Basilica Self-Guided Tour
- Enjoy unlimited time inside the Basilica with an audio-guide on your mobile phone
- Marvel at art and architectural features by Bernini, Michelangelo and more
- See the most important church of the Catholic faith
- Have assistance with the free wifi and know where toilet facilities are at the St. Peter’s Basilica
- Skip the ticket lines at the Basilica, by getting the only type of dedicated access available
Enjoy a St. Peter’s visit in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tablet. Simply download the audio-guide app using the instructions provided on your booking voucher and learn about the 31 points of interests your audio-guide mentions.
Gaze in awe at the soaring dome, redesigned by Michelangelo in 1547 and completed by Giacomo della Porta and Domenico Fontana in 1590. Admire the pilasters of Maderno's nave, exquisite architectural features by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, and much more.
- Download of the official audio guide
- Use of a dedicated entrance line
- Assistance with free wifi and toilet facilities at the St. Peter’s Basilica meeting
- Entrance ticket (the entrance in the Basilica is free)
- Earphones (bring yours or purchase them at the desk for €1)
- Guided or official audio guided tour of the Cupola
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is - looking at the Basilica – at the end of the left colonnade, near the metal detectors located at the intersection of Via Paolo VI and Piazza del Sant’Uffizio. The staff - wearing a blue jacket with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it - will wait for you to accompany you, through a dedicated gate, inside the Basilica.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Sleeveless shirts
• All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
• There will be security check before you enter St. Peter's Basilica; please leave liquids and sharp items at home and carry your possessions in a lightweight bag (you may be refused entrance to St. Peter's Basilica if you do not follow this).
• The audio-guide is downloaded onto your smart phone or tablet on the day of your self guided tour via an app.
• If you do not have a suitable device you can ask staff at the welcome desk for a traditional audio guide. To collect the traditional audio guide you will be asked for a form of ID that will be held until the return of the device.