Rome Colosseum and Forum Skip-The-Line Small Group TourProduct ID: 60175
From US$63.19 per personBook now
- Skip the long lines to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Learn more about the achievements of the Roman Empire
- See evidence of an ancient sewage system that dates back to the 6th century BC
- Marvel at the mighty Circus Maximus
- Hear stories of gladiators and the emperors and audiences that cheered them on
- Go to Palatine Hill to see where Romulus first decided to build a city
- Follow in the footsteps of emperors on the Via Sacra
- Uncover some of the interpretations and misinterpretations of Ancient Rome
During the tour you will get a better understanding of what Ancient Rome was like. Investigate what the capital of the Roman Republic, and later the greatest Empire in history, looked like, and discover how much of it you can still see today.
Go inside the Colosseum to explore the symbol of Rome’s eternity. Pass the monument that holds the mausoleum to the Emperor Hadrian at the Castel Sant'Angelo. Learn more about the temple to all the Roman gods at the miraculous Pantheon. See evidence of the 1st Roman sewage system, built in the 6th century BC. Marvel at the remains of temples, basilicas, and even the Senate House, once known as the “Navel of the World.”
Although the remains of the ancient city are everywhere, it can also be said that they are nowhere, because today the capital of the pagan Empire, built in gleaming white marble is no longer there. It was rebuilt and remodeled in Rome’s churches and palaces. You can only truly see it through the eyes of your imagination, and with the help of a knowledgeable guide.
Sift through some of the many interpretations and misinterpretations of Rome. Hear some of the legends and anecdotes of the great Empire as you make your way from the Colosseum and Arch of Constantine, through the Roman Forum and Imperial Palace to Palatine Hill, where Romulus, the father of Rome, first decided to build a city. Gaze through the terrace that overlooks the largest stadium ever built as you take in the might of the Circus Maximus.
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Native English-speaking guide
- Headsets for groups of more than 6 people
Meet at the Tourist Information point on Via dei Fori Imperiali. Your guide will be holding an "Alwaysrome" sign (GPS coordinates: 41.8926, 12.4887) (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 60175