Walk in the footsteps of Roman emperors and citizens on a 3-hour tour of Ancient Rome with skip-the-line entrance to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill. End with a walk along the Sacred Way as you immerse yourself in Roman history.
What to Expect
Get skip-the-line entry into the fascinating world of Ancient Rome on a half-day walking tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill. The 3-hour guided tour will begin atop Colle Oppio (Opium Hill), where you can enjoy breathtaking views over Rome.
From there, descend to the Colosseum and avoid the long line to enter with your special skip-the-line pass. Once inside, an expert guide will teach you about the amphitheater's bloody past, with tales of gladiators, mock sea battles, and executions.
After a brief rest at the Arch of Constantine, continue to Palatine Hill. From here, admire the views of the Roman Forum and Nero’s Circus Maximus, where chariot races were once held.
Your last stop will be a walk along the Via Sacra, or Sacred Way. The main path through the Roman Forum, the Sacred Way once sparkled with festivals and triumphal processions. End at the Temple, which houses the altar where Julius Caesar was cremated. Visitors from around the world still leave flowers and candles at the site to this today.
- Skip-the line-entrance to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill
- Reservation fee
- Headsets when needed
- Groups of no more than 25 people
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Meet your guide at Largo Gaetana Agnesi.
Know Before You Go
• This service ends on Palatine Hill around 13:00 for the morning tour and 18:00 for the afternoon tour.
• It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before tour departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
• The tour operator regrets that they are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. They are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on group tours.
• Some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, the tour operator is happy to offer customers an extended tour to deliver the advertised total length of the tour.
• Large bags, backpacks, and suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum, and there is no cloakroom to store them in.