Rome: Colosseum and Palatine Hill Skip-The-Line Tour
From $59 per personBook now
- Learn the history of Ancient Rome at its most important monuments
- Look inside the mighty Colosseum and follow in the footsteps of the crowds on 2 tiers
- Hear stories about the brave gladiators and the bloodthirsty entertainments
- Ascend Palatine Hill to see where the Roman emperors lived
- Discover the ruins of the Temple of Julius Caesar and the site where he was cremated
- Journey through the glorious years of the Roman Republic and its great capital city
Meet your guide outside the Colosseo Metro Station, and enjoy panoramic views of the best preserved part of the Colosseum. Get a detailed description of the Colosseum from the outside, before skipping the long lines to step inside.
Once inside, learn about the spectacular entertainments put on during the Roman Republic. Discover the construction techniques invented by the Romans. Hear about the great feats of the gladiators and their battles with wild animals. Marvel at the technological advancements of the Roman engineers to build the Colosseum. Walk around the 1st tiers to reach the arena. Learn about the trapdoors and all the mechanisms used to animate the games.
Your guide will entertain you with tales of sea-battles, and tell you about the cages where the lions were kept. Imagine the roar of the crowd as their blood-lust was met. Continue to the 2nd tiers for the best views of the Colosseum, inside and out.
Next, go to Palatine Hill to see where the elite emperors took residence. Admire the views of the Circus Maximus on one side and the Roman Forum on the other. See the ruins of the Temple of Julius Caesar, built in the same spot where his body was cremated. Look at the Arch of Titus, House of the Vestal Virgins, Senate House, Basilica of Maxentius, and much more.
- Colosseum & Ancient Rome guided tour
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Professional tour guide
- Skip the line, special entrance
- Entrance ticket for the Colosseum
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation to/from the attractions
The Colosseo Metro station - Line B. A member of staff will be waiting for you next to the green newspaper kiosk in front of the "COLOSSEO" - Metro Station. Look for the label "TOUR IN THE CITY". Please make sure you arrive at the departure point 15 minutes before the visit begins.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible due to the terrain conditions of the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forums.
Student discount is only applied at EU Citizens under 26 with a valid ID card
Children discount from 14 up 18 years old is applied only with a valid ID card
Important: please note that you can not get to the Colosseum with large bags / backpacks / suitcases. It is possible to introduce only small bags. Because inside the Colosseum is not expected a cloakroom service, we should not carry this kind of article
Product ID: 57837