Rome: Colosseum Fast Track and Wine Tasting Day Tour
From $114 per personBook now
- Follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors and explore the Colosseum and Forum
- Taste the award-winning wines of a Frascati wine estate
- Walk down the Via Sacra, once walked on by triumphant Roman armies
- Enjoy scenic views of the vineyards and olive groves of the Frascati wine region
- Ascend the most famous of Rome's 7 hills
- Save time and see more with skip-the-line access to the main sites
Your morning tour brings to life the bloody history of the Colosseum, where an English-speaking guide will talk about the gladiator shows and mock sea-battles put on for the entertainment of Roman citizens in the mighty amphitheater.
Next, go to the Roman Forum to walk along the Via Sacra (“Sacred Way”), the main avenue through Ancient Rome once walked on by legendary emperors, scholars and philosophers. Learn about the triumphal processions of the Roman armies. Then, ascend Palatine Hill, the most famous of Rome’s 7 hills.
Break for lunch on your own. Then, re-group for an afternoon tour of the Frascati wine region. Transfer by air-conditioned coach to the tranquil hills of Castelli Romani. See the centuries-old vineyards and olive groves along the way.
Stop at an historic wine estate of the multi award-winning Pallavicini family, owners of one of the oldest and most picturesque vineyards in Frascati. Enjoy privileged views of the beautiful vineyards, olive trees, and ancient ruins in all corners of the estate.
Learn about the phases of wine production on the Pallavicini Estate, and step inside the 3rd-century caverns to see the barrels where the wines are aged. End with a tasting of wines from the vineyards, lead by Pallavicini’s professional sommelier in a 17th-century farmhouse. Try a fine selection of the same wines and olive oils that earned the Pallavicini family its most recent awards.
- English-speaking guides
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets on the morning tour to hear your guide
- Transfers by air-conditioned bus (only for Roman countryside vineyards and wine tasting tour)
- Wine tasting (1 white wine, 2 red wines, 1 dessert wine, 1 extra-virgin olive oil, 2 kinds of bruschetta - plain and with fresh tomatoes)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transfers between the 2 tours
- Food and beverages not mentioned in "what's included"
Meet your guide at 09:45 at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the "Colosseo" Metro stop (LIne B - Blue Line). The guide coordinator will be wearing a blue "City Wonders" polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition Directions: Take the Metro to "Colosseo." On exiting the turnstiles, turn right and walk down the tiled hall to the escalator/stairs. At the top, go right and up a short flight of stairs to exit the station. Turn left, and take the stairs on the left to the small, oval-shaped square of Largo Gaetana Agnesi Re-group at Piazza Re di Roma at 14:45 for the afternoon tour. Your guide will be waiting at the exact center point of the square
• Please be at each meeting point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure. Guests arriving after the departure time cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking. Please wear comfortable shoes
• With regret, the tour is not suitable for those in wheelchairs or with any impairment requiring special assistance
• Strollers or baby carriages cannot be accommodated
• Large bags or suitcases will not be permitted in the Colosseum or Roman Forum, and there are no cloakroom facilities for storage.
• Please note that some venues or parts of venues are subject to last-minute closures. If this happens, the local operator is happy to offer an extended tour in keeping with advertised total tour length
• Please be aware that some locations may be busy during standard hours
Product ID: 50037