Enjoy priority entrance to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum on a guided walking tour of Rome. Learn about the history of these monuments from your guide and about the Roman Senate, the Arch of Septimus Serverus, and the House of Vestal Virgins as well.
What to Expect
Skip the line when you visit the Colosseum and Roman Forum on this 2.5-hour guided walking tour!
Construction on the Colosseum began in 72 A. D. under Emperor Vespasian and was completed 8 years later. For its inauguration, the new Emperor Tito organized games to be held in the new stadium that would last 100 days. You can imagine the excitement of the Roman population at this prospect!
Gladiators and African animals were the centerpiece of the spectacle, and many animals were captured especially for the event. It has been estimated that, during the centuries, over 500,000 people and a million animals lost their lives fighting in the amphitheater.
When you visit the Colosseum, you’ll hear even more stories of this magical historical monument from your guide. Enjoy priority admission to the Roman Forum as well, and let your guide tell about all the important ancient structures such as the Roman Senate and the House of Vestal Virgins.
- Semi-private tour for up to 12 participants
- No waiting in line at entrances
- Entrance fees to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
Meet your guide outside Cin Cin Bar, via Cesare Battisti 129.
Know Before You Go
This is a walking tour. Please make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes!
• 100% refund on a tour canceled one month prior to the scheduled date
• 90% refund on a tour canceled from 29 days to 1 week prior to the scheduled date
• Cancellation with less than 1 week notice – a 50% refund may be offered, but not guaranteed