Explore Ancient Rome on a walking tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill, and skip the lines to enter the popular attractions with an expert guide. Learn about the Roman Empire, see the tomb of Julius Caesar, and stop at the Via Sacra.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2.5 - 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian
What customers loved
"Her depth of knowledge and ability to paint a picture of the mood and process of the era she was describing."
"Nothing was rushed, pace throughout on a blistering hot day"
"Jan the tour guide is knowledgeable and I really enjoy the tour. The value for the money is excellent."
"Explanation by the guide made it very real"
- Skip the long lines to see the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill in Rome
- Learn the history of ancient Rome and its most famous emperors
- Walk in the footsteps of Roman citizens and see the Via Sacra
- Visit the tomb of Julius Caesar
- Join a group of 30 people maximum
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to Palatine Hill, Roman Forum and Colosseum
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Professional guide
- Pick-up and drop off
- Optional gratuities
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- Children aged 2 and younger can take part free of charge
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- When a tour group is bilingual, you are provided with headsets in order to not be disturbed by guides speaking in other languages
- If you have a pacemaker you will need to show a certificate, otherwise you will not be admitted without being screened
- Only for the afternoon tours; due to shorter daylight, from October 28 the visit to the Palatine Hill will be replaced with an external explanation from the Capitoline Hill