Get ready to have your assumptions about Rome turned upside down on this incredibly unique journey of discovery. The itinerary includes some of the most uncommon, mysterious, and outlandish sites the Eternal City has to offer.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 2 - 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, French, English, German, Italian
- Optional audio guide
- Spanish, French, German, Italian, English
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
Know before you go
- Due to the delicate nature of the surroundings, travelers cannot visit the catacombs independently; all visits must be part of a guided group
- Catacomb tours are not recommended for travelers who may get claustrophobic due to the small spaces; the tour is not accessible to visitors n wheelchairs or with severe motor disabilities
- Catacombs are holy places, so guests should dress appropriately—all should cover their shoulders and thighs. It’s best also to have a light jacket, as it can get cold underground
- Visitors with specific disabilities may be entitled to a free ticket after speaking directly to the ticket office of the catacombs
- Due to the very limited access to the catacombs, you should make your booking in advance - especially around Easter and between May and September, when Rome swarms with travelers; The cool catacombs make for a great break from Italy’s summer heat
- The time chosen must be respected. Latecomers will not be accommodated