Access all areas of St. Peter's Basilica and immerse yourself in the history and architecture of one of the most important religious monuments in the world. Climb up 231 steps to the top of the dome for panoramic views of Rome.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet in front of Caffè Leonina, in Piazza Citta' Leonina, just outside St. Peter's Square.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Baby strollers
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, St. Peter's Basilica may be subject to visitation restrictions, including limited access to the Dome climb and Papal tombs. Your tour will be amended on the day. The opening time of the Vatican Museums may vary
- St. Peter's Basilica is subject to unforeseen closures due to Vatican affairs. In the event this happens, the tour operator will contact you as soon as possible to reschedule. In the rare event the crypt is closed, you will spend extra time in the basilica and St. Peter's Square
- Skip-the-line access is not possible at the dome or security line
- Please note that there is no elevator to the top of the dome