Discover the highlights of Rome at a relaxed pace on a full-day shore excursion from Civitavecchia Port. Admire the sweep of the Spanish Steps, throw a coin in the Trevi fountain, look inside the Colosseum and Pantheon, go to the Vatican and more.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day, comprehensive tour of Rome, with direct transfers from the cruise terminal at Civitavecchia Port.
Transfer by luxury vehicle to the city center, and start your sightseeing tour at Piazza Venezia and the National Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II, the 1st king of a unified Italy. Continue into the heart of Ancient Rome at the ruined temples of the Roman Forum. Learn about life in the Roman Republic at the massive amphitheater of the Colosseum.
Next, get panoramic views of the domes of Rome from the hills of the Capitilone and Palatine. See the site of the Circus Maximus, an ancient Roman chariot racing stadium in the valley between the Aventine and Palatine hills. Go to the remains of the Baths of Caracalla, the 2nd largest of the public baths in Ancient Rome. Then, marvel at the well-preserved façade of the Pantheon, Ancient Rome’s temple to all the gods.
Be enchanted by Piazza Navona, with its handsome Baroque and Renaissance monuments, including Bernini’s Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi. See another Bernini fountain at the bottom of the Spanish Steps, and throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain on Piazza di Trevi.
Enjoy a traditional Italian lunch, before spending the afternoon at the world’s smallest state in the Vatican City. Wander more than 7 kilometers of galleries in the Vatican Museums to see historic maps, masterpieces by Raphael, and Michelangelo’s glorious Sistine Chapel.
End with a tour inside St. Peter’s Basilica, the most important church in the Catholic world, before returning to your cruise ship at the end of an enlightening day.
- Transportation by luxury private vehicle
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees (entrance to the Catacombs is EUR 8)
Know Before You Go
• You are strongly advised to pre-purchase your Vatican tickets online in advance for a visit at 14:00
• Please note that entrance to the Vatican is subject to a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees should be covered at all time
• The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel are closed on Sundays with the exception of the last Sunday of every month
• You are strongly advise to pre-purchase your Colosseum ticket online
• Please note that there will be no charge if you cancel your reservation by e-mail