Explore the historic streets of Rome in an environmentally-friendly, and irresistibly cute, electric car and zip around the Roman, Renaissance, Baroque and Rococco buildings guided by an on board and portable iPad.
What to Expect
See Rome at the touch of a screen! Rent an electric car for a half or full day, and see the sights without having to worry about parking fees or gas refills. It’s the latest buzz in Rome, and makes touring on your own as easy as pushing a button.
Offering the cutest, zippiest 2-seat electric cars on the market, plus the combination of iPad and 3G technology, this tour is a great way to explore the beautiful city of Rome. Your tour begins when you touch the iPad screen and choose one of the 3 pre-set tours. You can journey through all traffic restricted areas, and park for free. The audio guides will tell you all you need to know about the sights when you stop – so it’s goodbye to nervous flicking through guidebooks!
Once you arrive at your chosen destination, the iPad becomes your portable wizard. Consult it at museums, art galleries, and churches for all the relevant information. It will even translate when you struggle to order food and drinks in a restaurant. And, if that’s not enough, you will be connected to the internet throughout your tour, so you can FaceTime, Twitter, Facebook, or do whatever your social networking needs desire!
- Use of the iPad
- Free internet connection for the whole day
- Third party insurance
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (available for an additional fee)
- Personal accident cover for the driver (may be available for EUR 15)
Know Before You Go
• Please note the car has 2 seats and the price is intended per car and not per person (maximum passenger load per car 160kg / 350lb)
• European Union citizens will be required to produce a valid driving license at pick-up whereas all others will also need to exhibit a valid international driving license/permit
• Minimum driver's age 21 unless accompanied by an adult in which case aged 18 with full license will suffice
• Customers will be asked to leave a credit card deposit of EUR 500 to cover damages and/or loss to/of the iPad or the car (this will be released back to you on your return)
• A full day's rental is intended to be from 09:30 to 19:00
• Bookings canceled giving less than 7 days notice will get a voucher for the equivalent value which will be issued with a validity of one year, subject to availability