Rome: Vatican City Full-Day Tour
From $130 per personBook now
- Discover the art and antiquities of the Vatican Museums
- Skip the long lines to the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Walk a single step of the Holy Stairs
- See masterpieces of art by Michelangelo, Bernini, Raphael, and more
- Travel to the 4 major basilicas of the Vatican in Rome by air-conditioned coach
First, skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums, and enjoy an intimate morning tour (of 12 people or less) with an English-speaking guide. Get details of every brushstroke of the masterpieces of art, such as the ornate Raphael Rooms and frescoes of the Sistine Chapel. Continue into St. Peter’s Basilica with no need to wait in line. Stand in awe before the largest church in Christianity, and the guardian of St. Peter's tomb, Michelangelo’s “Pietà,” and Bernini’s “Baldachin.”
Break for lunch at your own expense (approximately 2.75 hours), before heading to the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls. Explore the site where St. Paul’s remains lie among an intricate display of 5th century mosaics and brilliantly colored frescoes.
Continue by air-conditioned coach to the Basilica of St. John Lateran. Built by Constantine before St. Peter's, it is both the Papal headquarters, and the most important church in the Christian faith. Next, go to the 28 white marble steps that are said to have been climbed by Christ during his passion at the Holy Stairs. According to tradition you are required to say a prayer on each step, but as time is of the essence, you will be invited to take the 1st step and say your prayers.
End the tour at the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore (St. Mary Major), and admire the exuberant mannerist decorations, 5th-century mosaics, enchanting frescoes, and Bernini’s tomb.
Please be aware that St. Peter's Basilica can close without notice. Other areas of the Vatican will be substituted to ensure you have the best possible experience.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance ticket to the Vatican Museums (including reservation fee)
- Skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-line access to St. Peter's Basilica
- Entrance to the 4 churches of the itinerary, and to the Holy Stairs
- Transfers by air-conditioned bus
- Audio headsets to hear your guide at all times
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transfers between tours
- Food and beverages
Meet your guide at the bottom of the wide streets opposite the entrance to the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffé Vaticano and the Hotel Alimandi Vaticano (on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi) (Open in Google Maps)
• Entrance into the Vatican Museums and basilicas is subject to a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. The supplier cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
• Guests in wheelchairs or with any impairment requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated on this tour
• St. Peter's Basilica is subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, you will be offered a longer tour of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour
Product ID: 57625