Hop on an electric-assist bike and ride along the Ancient Appian Way. Pass aqueducts, the grand Aurelian Walls, and descend into Christian catacombs.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- FFP2 mask
Know before you go
- The length of the tour is 27 kilometers (17 miles), 70% of which will be off-road. The level of the tour is intermediate (difficult if a child seat or child extension mounted on the bicycle)
- This tour involves some riding in the city (to reach the Appian Way Park, to connect with the Aqueducts Park, and to return to the shop).
- On Wednesdays, the Appian Way tour has a duration of 6.5 hours
- Helmets are mandatory on the tour (provided for free)
- Infants under 1 year are not allowed on the tour for safety reasons.
- Infants aged 1-4 years traveling on a child seat (with a load capacity of up to 55 lbs or 25 kg) come on the tour free of charge
- For children aged 5-8 years old, a child extension (child streamliner) is provided
- Children aged 9 and above can independently ride on an appropriately sized E-bike
- This tour doesn't include any food or drinks; however, the route offers a few possibilities to purchase some food or drinks (which can be consumed during a suitable break)