Bike into the Roman Countryside for a day and take a look at ancient monuments, breathtaking natural beauty, and fascinating historical buildings. Your guide will show you the sights and invite you to appreciate this beautiful land in a whole new way.
What to Expect
The Ancient Roman countryside boasts plenty of remarkable vistas. From the 2,300 year-old cobblestone roads, to the incredible scenery, there will be plenty to see on your tour or Rome by bike.
Beginning on the Roman roads, you will travel past ancient tombs and the ruins of an Imperial Palace. Along the way, your guide will point out interesting historical facts that will open your eyes to the Rome beyond the monuments. Your visit to the Catacombs of St. Callisto is included as well.
As you continue your ride, you'll follow ancient Roman aqueducts to Caffarella Park, a preserved strip of land outside of Rome. Here, you might feel like being in the wild side of Rome of centuries ago. You'll rest at a local sheep farm where you can sample some of the fine Pecorino and have some wine before heading home!
- An electric-assist mountain bike or, if you prefer, a carbon mountain bike
- Local guide
- Entrance to the Catacombs of St. Callisto
- Cheese and wine break at an authentic Roman sheepfarm
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that 60% of the tour will be off-road
• Electric assist bikes are available only for participants over 12 years old