Rome 90-Minute Farmers Market Food Tour with Tastings
From $44 per personBook now
- Sample some of Italy's finest cured meats and cheeses
- Learn how to recognize high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Taste the most delicious Mozzarella di Bufala and find out why it’s so good
- Enjoy the fun and interactive atmosphere of a small-group tour
On weekdays you’ll head to the Testaccio Market and on the weekends, the tour visits the ancient Circo Massimo farmers market.
Taste the classics on offer at the market and discover new flavors straight from the region's farms.
Buffalo mozzarella and ricotta, parmigiano and pecorino, cured ham, bruschetta with olive oil, Sicilian cannolo, and Roman-style artichoke are some of the products you’ll taste as you meander around the market’s stalls.
You’ll stop at 4 market stands with your expert food guide and savor fabulous foods. Meet artisan butchers, bakers, candy makers and local celebrity chefs who are dedicated to preserving Italian food traditions.
At the end of the tour your guide will provide useful tips on where and what you should eat during your time in Rome so that you can keep your palette invigorated throughout your stay.
- A cup of coffee or cappuccino for breakfast
- 7 food samples
- Small bottle of water
Monday to Friday: Via Marmorata 41, in front of Bar Barberini. On Saturday and Sunday mornings the meeting point is Piazza Bocca della Verità 00186. The guide will meet guests at the fountain. On Saturday evening the meeting point is in Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere 00153. The guide will meet you in front of the newspaper-stand. (Open in Google Maps)
• This tour is created to accommodate those who are short on time.
• The food samples along the way are filling enough for most people so that a meal afterwards is not necessary.
• The food sampled changes according to the season.
• This is a small group tour with a maximum of 6 participants.
Product ID: 48939