Enter the Sistine Chapel before it opens to the general public and enjoy Michelangelo’s masterpieces in peace before embarking on a thorough guided tour of the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 225 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
At the Green Bar (called l'Ottagono) in Piazza del Risorgimento. Meeting Point Directions: meet just outside the Green Bar in the middle of Piazza del Risorgimento Square. This is the only bar/ cafè located on the square. The bar is on the side of the square towards via Crescensio - close to the tram stop number 19. The closest metro/ underground stop is Ottaviano.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The corridor between St Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel is still closed to the public due to Covid restrictions
- Your guide will do their best to include the Basilica but the distance between the 2 sites without this access may mean this is not always possible, in which case, your guide will give you a full introduction to the Basilica from the outside
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
- Clients are advised that St.Peter's Basilica may be closed during special celebrations/festivities. If this occurs during your visit, you will spend more time inside the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums. Refunds cannot be provided in such a case.
- All members of your party must carry a valid ID (particularly guests with reduced-price tickets due to age)
- Guests may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican Museums. Larger backpacks and other items must be left in the cloakroom.