Explore the streets and secrets of Rome with a local guide and see the main sights of the Eternal City like a native. Head to the hillside town of Marino to savor Roman specialty dishes.
What to Expect
You’ve heard the expression, “when in Rome, do as the Romans do.” On this full-day tour you'll do exactly that. But you’ll need a Roman to show you how. So buddy up with a native guide and experience Rome as the Romans do!
Following a pick-up from central Rome, enjoy a quick Italian breakfast at a typical pasticceria. Then, explore the city center and inner city neighborhoods to experience the true beauty of Roman life.
Stop at the top attractions of imperial Rome, such as the Colosseum, Palantine Hill, Circus Maximus, and Roman Forum. Peer through the magical keyhole of the Botanical Gardens.
Then, travel by local train, 20 minutes south of Rome to Marino, a small village of the Castelli Romani. Known for its prestigious wine and olive oil, you will also sample handmade pasta and Roman specialty sauces, such as amatriciana and carbonara.
- 3 different types of delicious handmade pasta at a popular native restaurant
- Unlimited fresh wine from local vineyard
- Opportunity to meet a traditional multi-generational Italian family
- Samples of virgin olive oil directly from factory visit
- Roundtrip train tickets to Italian villages (25-min. travel with tour group)
- 7-hour semi private guided tour (max 15 people)
Meet at the tour supplier's office, located at Via Aleardo Aleardi 16, 00185, Rome.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Children under 12 are half price