Rome: Catacombs & Crypts Tour with Roman Aqueducts
- Explore the crypts and catacombs of the early Christians in Rome
- Take a stroll on the Appian Way, and see the historic Tomb of Cecilia Metella
- See the bones of 4,000 monks, embedded in the walls of the "Bone Chapel"
- Enjoy a spectacular view of the Roman Aqueducts - one of the city’s most impressive landmarks
First, follow your guide to 3 memorable sites, each revealing the extraordinary secrets of Ancient Rome. They include the labyrinthine Roman Catacombs that were part burial ground and part refuge for the persecuted early Christians of Ancient Rome.
Then, visit the Capuchin Crypt, known locally as the “Bone Chapel,” and marvel at the walls, decorated with the bones more than 4,000 monks. Before the final stop for the day, drive along the Appian Way and hop out to enjoy a short walk to see the Tomb of Cecilia Metella. Along Via Appia, your expert guide will explain the historical significance of the fascinating area.
To finish out the day in style, visit perhaps one of the most spectacular sites in all of Rome - the Roman Aqueducts. Enjoy time to explore and understand this monumental landmark from a stunning vantage point.
- Admission to all sites
- Transfers between sites by air-conditioned bus
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet on Piazza Barberini, by Bernini's Triton Fountain in the middle of the square. If you are traveling by public transport, take the Metro to "Barberini" (2 stops west of Rome Termini).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby strollers
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Flash photography
• Due to their holy nature, photography is not allowed at the sites visited
• Unfortunately, it is not possible to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour