Rome: Catacombs and Crypts Small Group Minibus Tour
From $79 per personBook now
- Explore the crypts and catacombs of the early Christians in Rome
- Descend through 4 levels of a church to arrive at an intact street from the Roman Republic
- See the bones of 4,000 monks, embedded in the walls of the "Bone Chapel"
- Wander the labyrinthine Roman Catacombs of the early Christian
Your guide will take you to 3 memorable sites, each revealing the extraordinary secrets of Ancient Rome. They include the labyrinthine Roman Catacombs that were part burial ground and part refuge for the persecuted early Christians of Ancient Rome.
Visit the Capuchin Crypt, known locally as the “Bone Chapel,” and marvel at the walls, decorated with the bones more than 4,000 monks.
Descend through 4 layers of history at the Basilica of San Clemente, starting with a beautiful 12th-century church and the 11th-century church it was built on. Continue to the 4th-century cult temple beneath, and on to a fully-intact Roman street from the 1st century.
- Entrance to the Rome Catacombs, Basilica San Clemente, and Capuchin Crypt
- Transfers between sites by air-conditioned bus
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
Meet on Piazza Barberini, by Bernini's Triton Fountain in the middle of the square. If you are traveling by public transport, take the Metro to "Barberini" (2 stops west of Rome Termini)
• Due to their holy nature, photography is not allowed at the sites visited
• Tours operate with a maximum of 12 participants
Product ID: 49081