Visit the Colosseum's underground chambers, an area off-limits to standard tours. Explore the gladiator's rooms and the arena floor. After you enjoy priority access to the monument, you'll descend to its lower levels to hear tales of the gruesome past.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the upper level exit of the Colosseum Metro station. You will be greeted by your guide wearing a purple shirt with the local partner's name on it. Customers are required to be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the activity starting time. Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed entrance.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- Due to ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, the Arena will not be visited on this tour until further notice. The Gladiator’s Gate access will be replaced by the standard underground entrance.
- You must bring your valid ID with you as it may be requested by the Colosseum staff for security purposes.