Rome Family Tour: The Colosseum for KidsProduct ID: 53031
From $225 Per group up to 1Book now
- Explore the iconic Colosseum with your children
- Learn the story of the amphitheater via interactive worksheets
- Find out what life was like for the gladiators in the Roman Republic
- Hear how much material it took to create 4 different architectonic orders
Meet your guide near the Arch of Constantine to collect your entrance tickets (own expense) to the Colosseum. These are also good for the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill at the end of your tour.
As you get closer to the Roman Forum, you will be attracted by the stateliness of the Flavian Amphitheatre, better known as the “Colosseum.” Try to imagine how much material and effort it took to create these 4 different architectonic orders. Get to know its secrets, and find out what the gladiators' lives were like in the days of the Roman Republic!
The tour can accommodate children of all ages; even tiny babies in strollers. Your guide will involve both parents and children to uncover the story of the Colosseum, founded by the Emperor Vespasian and completed by his son Titus.
Originally named the “Amphitheatre of Flavio,” the name “Colosseum” resulted from the enormous bronze statue of Nero that was placed nearby.
- Worksheet for children
- Skip-the-line ticket to the Colosseum
- Baby carriers
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
The meeting point is outside the Colosseo Metro station by the newsagent and the M Metro sign. The Metro station is just in front of the monument. The guide will have a sign with your name on it. (Open in Google Maps)
• Please bring valid ID if you select the reduced price or free ticket
• Please note that you are not permitted to enter the Colosseum, Roman Forum, or Palatine Hill with rucksacks, suitcases, or large bags
• Tours during the summer period must be booked well in advance
• You will receive full details regarding your tour and a map in your confirmation email
Product ID: 53031