Colosseum Underground: Skip-the-Line Group Tour
- Enjoy a tour of the Colosseum's underground area
- Marvel at the city views from the Palatine Hill
- Explore the site of the Roman Forum
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
Listen to stories about life in ancient Rome as you visit the most important sites from that era.
See the Roman Forum, site of the Empire’s main political and religious buildings. Walk along the Via Sacra and marvel at the Temple of the Vestal Virgins, the ancient Senate and the stunning triumphal arches. Explore the Palatine Hill, the most ancient part of Rome, and admire the views of the city.
- Skip-the-line admission ticket
- Expert guide
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is at the metro sign on Largo Agnesi, outside the upper level of the Colosseo station. The upper level can be accessed by the escalators just inside the station exit/entrance.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• The skip-the-line tour includes the Colosseum's underground level and arena floor, Roman Senate, House of the Vestal Virgins, Arch of Septimius Severus, Via Nova, Via Sacra, Arch of Constantine and Palatine Hill
• Backpacks and large bags are not permitted inside the Colosseum, and there is no cloakroom service at the site
• The tour operates with a maximum of 12 participants in the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill areas and a maximum of 24 participants inside the Colosseum
• Be sure to wear comfortable shoes. Bring a hat, sunscreen lotion, and water bottles you can refill in fountains along the way
• The tour is not suitable for anyone with walking difficulties