See masterpieces of art and antiquities in the Vatican Museums, and explore Rome by scooter on an 8-hour tour of the “Eternal City.” Drive past monuments, such as the Colosseum and Circus Maximus, and climb Gianicarlo Hill for panoramic view.
What to Expect
Enjoy a panoramic tour of Rome's most impressive monuments by scooter, escorted by a local guide, and experience the city like a Roman! Then, go inside the Vatican Museums to see one of the greatest art collections in the world.
Meet your guide close to the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore to collect your scooter (one per two people) and helmet. Then, discover sites that tour buses can’t reach and see more than you would on a walking tour.
Drive past relics of Ancient Rome, such as the Colosseum and Circus Maximus. Climb Aventino Hill for an impressive view from the Orange Garden. Next, go to Marcello’s Theater, and Piazza Venezia, before admiring the baroque Trevi Fountain and the Renaissance architecture of Piazza Navona.
Head for Castel Sant’Angelo to make your way down to the Vatican City. Skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums for a guided tour of one of the world’s finest collections of art. Be mesmerized by Michelangelo’s sacred frescoes in the Sistine Chapel, and enter St. Peter’s Basilica.
End by climbing Gianicolo Hill for a spectacular view of Rome.
- 1 scooter per 2 people
- Liability insurance
- Entrance ticket to the Vatican Museums
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees to other museums besides the Vatican
Meet at Piazza dell' Esquilino n° 28 (near the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore), Rome
Know Before You Go
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required (1 scooter for every 2 people)
• A current valid driving license has to be presented on the day of your activity
• Children are permitted on this activity as long as they are tall enough to touch the foot-peg of the scooter with their feet, and are a minimum of 6 years old. They must be accompanied by an adult
• The minimum age for driving the scooter is 18 years old
• This activity is not recommended for pregnant women or for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• A small amount of walking is involved on this tour
• Your tickets will be held by the guide for collection on the day of the tour
• The tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• An on site deposit of EUR 150 for each scooter is required (credit card or cash)