Discover the history of the oldest highway in Rome, Appia Antica. Aboard a comfortable e-bike, you will explore the area's Roman antiquities, learning the stories behind them as you travel.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 - 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, German, Italian, French
- Private group
- Welcoming travelers since 2019
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- The length of the tour is 29 kilometers (18 miles), 60% of which is off-road. The level is easy but it requires a minimum of cycling experience (intermediate with a child seat or child extension)
- Around 30% of this tour takes place in the City/Tiber cycle path. The tour runs on carefully chosen streets, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the City Center to Appian Way and the Appian Way to the Aqueducts Park. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in the parks), there is no traffic
- Infants up to 20kg traveling on a child seat, come on the tour free of charge
- Children up to 139cm join the tour with a child extension
- Children from 140cm and above can independently ride an E-bike
- This tour doesn't include any food/drinks; however, the route offers possibilities to purchase some (to be consumed during a suitable break)
- This tour is guaranteed in adverse weather