Explore the ancient Via Appia of Rome on a relaxed 4-hour electric bike tour, and discover the old ruins and pristine beauty of the Appian Way Regional Park. Marvel at the monuments of the Imperial City such as the Colosseum and Circus Maximus.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of central Rome on a half-day e-bike tour of the ancient Via Appia. Follow your guide from Piazza Navona for a quick circuit of the Colosseum. Then, go to the Appia Antica Regina Viarum, one of the earliest and most crucial roads of the Roman Republic.
Take advantage of the bike’s pedal-assisted motor as you effortlessly climb Celio Hill. Ride alongside the Terme di Caracalla, Ancient Rome's 2nd largest public baths. Arrive at the Catacombs in the spectacular Appia Antica park.
After a quick pit stop for a beverage or ice cream, continue to Caffarella Park to see Annia Regilla's Tomb. Bike around one of the most beautiful parks in the city before heading back to the Circus Maximus, site of Ancient Rome’s chariot races.
Meander through the narrow streets of the Jewish Ghetto (one of the oldest in Europe), before dropping your bikes back near Piazza Navona.
- English-speaking e-bike tour leader
- Tour map
- Fully equipped electric bicycle rental
- Audio receivers for your comfort and safety
- Ice cream
What's Not Included
- Child seat (EUR 10 to be paid by credit card or cash if needed)
Pick-up and drop-off your e-bike at Vicolo dell'Aquila (piazza della Cancelleria - 50 mt from Piazza Navona)
Know Before You Go
• The bikes are fully equipped with rear mirrors, disc brakes and shock absorbers for a comfortable ride on Rome's rough paths. They have storage racks, and complimentary maps are provided to follow the tour route
• Baskets and child seats for any age, and helmets, are available on request
• These tours uphold high levels of safety. The tours follow carefully planned routes which have limited access to traffic, and some have no traffic at all, so that you'll be able to enjoy your ride in total relaxation and safety