Rome: Regional Wine and Food Tasting TourProduct ID: 43780
From $74 per personBook now
- Expand your wine horizons on a tasting tour of Italy's regional wines
- Discover some of Italy’s favorite wines along with some secret surprises
- Taste 6 different red and white wines paired with meats, cheeses, and artisan breads
- Enjoy an intimate atmosphere with no more than 20 guests per group
Soak up the tasting room’s atmosphere of books, olive oils, balsamic vinegars, and wine bottles, as an acclaimed industry expert gives you his undivided attention. He will introduce you to the aromas and flavors of some of Italy’s best loved wines and best kept secrets. Discover bold wine-makers that put excellence over profit
Learn about wine notes, and how to get off the beaten path to discover new favorites. Whether you are a first-timer or seasoned connoisseur, there is something new to discover. Your guide will teach you how wine affects the tasting centers of the tongue, why famous doesn’t always mean good, and what to expect from the various regions of Italy.
Although wine is the star, meticulously selected foods will accompany each glass. Rich cheeses, succulent cured ham, and delicate salami are just a few of the delicacies you’ll taste, each with its own history and fame.
- English-speaking sommelier guide
- Selection of seasonal Italian specialties, such as buffalo mozzarella, salami, cheeses, and a selection of crostini
- Sample of 6 wines
Meeting Point until 30 April 2016 Meet on the steps of San Carlo ai Catenari church on Piazza Benedetto Cairoli, 117 (near Largo di Torre Argentina). From the Largo Argentina bus stop, walk south past Largo di Torre Argentina on Largo Arenula, and then turn right onto Piazza Benedetto Cairoli. It’s the first piazza south of Largo Argentina and has several trees in the middle. The San Carlo ai Catenari church is on the far right corner of the piazza at the beginning of Via dei Giubbonari. Meeting Point from 1 May 2016 Piazza della Chiesa Nuova, located in Corso Vittorio Emanuele II. When facing the church, the meeting point is on the right-hand side of the square, under the statue of Pietro Metastasio. From the Argentina bus stop (Largo Argentina): Walk west on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II and keep walking for about 700m until Piazza della Chiesa Nuova. When facing the church, the meeting point is on the right-hand side of the square, under the statue of Pietro Metastasio. (Open in Google Maps)
• Unfortunately this tour cannot accommodate guests in wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. Strollers and baby carriages are also not permitted
Product ID: 43780