Rome Sistine Express and St. Peter's Skip-the-Line TourProduct ID: 59345
From $70 per personBook now
- Enter the Sistine Chapel before the general public, and see Michelangelo's frescoes in peace
- Skip the long lines to St. Peter's Basilica
- Marvel at masterpieces of Renaissance art in the Vatican Museums
- Get detailed descriptions on the Sistine Chapel via individual visual aids
- Enjoy an intimate tour of no more than 15 people
First, enter the Vatican Museums a full half hour before the general public. Before you go inside, your guide will hand out visual aids with a legend for each of the key works of the Sistine Chapel. Use this as a reference point to some of the finer points of Michelangelo’s frescoes. Your guide will also give you tips on what to look out for.
You will have 30 minutes to gaze at Michelangelo’s masterpieces on your own. Then, reconvene with your guide and group to enter St. Peter’s Basilica via a special entrance door. Save hours on waiting in line outdoors, and get privileged access to one of the world’s most magnificent cathedrals.
Look at stunning works, such as Bernini’s “Baldachin” and Michelangelo’s “Pieta,” before your guide leaves you at St. Peter’s Basilica to explore on your own.
- Skip-the-line early entrance to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- Visual aids to help you navigate the masterpieces in the Sistine Chapel
- Guided tour of the Vatican Museums (except the Sistine Chapel)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Meet outside the green bar in the middle of Piazza del Risorgimento. It's the only bar/café in the square, located on the Via Crescensio side, close to tram stop no. 19. The nearest Metro station is "Ottaviano" (Open in Google Maps)
• While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair and stroller access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route, and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. As a result, this tour is not suitable for wheelchairs
• Please remember that the Sistine Chapel is a holy place. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees
• Please note that guests may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican Museums. Larger backpacks must be left at the cloakroom. It is the responsibility of the guest to return to the Vatican Museums entrance to collect these after the tour
Product ID: 59345