Explore the intact remains of the Roman town of Pompeii and climb the mountain that destroyed it. Get panoramic views of the Bay of Naples and Amalfi Coast from its summit (during summer).
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 13 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Audio guide included
Select participants and date
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Baby strollers
Know before you go
- Please note, from August 6th 2021 all public venues in Italy will require visitors above the age of 12 to present a COVID-19 green certificate and an ID, proving that they are fully vaccinated (with an EMA-approved vaccine), or that they have been tested (PCR or antigen) with a negative result within the last 48 hours, or that they have recovered from COVID-19 (with a PCR or antigen test result) at least 15 days and no more than 6 months old. Green Passes must be in Italian or English and can be presented in digital or printed formats
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM ALL PASSENGERS: You MUST provide all passenger names at the time of booking in order to visit Mount Vesuvius or you may be refused entry
- During summer months in rare cases of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors. In this case, an alternative visit to the city of Naples will be included. From late November to March the Vesuvius isn't accessible and it is replaced with a visit to