Discover Pompeii's ruins & Mt. Vesuvius on a day trip from Rome. Savor a 3-course lunch and customize your experience with an exciting volcano hike or a leisurely exploration guided by a geologist.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 12 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
In the center of the square “Piazza del Popolo” – Metro Line A – Flaminio. At the fountain with the lions and obelisk. The coordinator will be wearing a blue polo shirt or jacket.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Baby strollers
Know before you go
- The hike up to the crater of Vesuvius is optional and requires a good level of general fitness to complete. The hike is uphill at a 14-degree angle and 20 minutes long (about 1 mile). The hike is prevalently on soft ground, and adequate footwear is recommended. For those who prefer a more leisurely experience, you can instead choose to enjoy a scenic and informative walking tour led by an expert geologist at Vesuvius.
- In rare cases of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors and an alternative visit to the city of Positano will be included instead where you will get free time to explore the city.
- Please be advised that in the case of events beyond our control, we may need to adjust our itinerary to ensure the safety, quality, and satisfaction of your travel experience.