Vatican Museums and Ancient Rome Skip-The-Line TourProduct ID: 65108
From $171 per personBook now
- Travel back to the days of the Roman Empire
- Discover the papal collections of the Vatican Museums
- See masterpieces of art by Michelangelo and others
- Go inside the miraculous Sistine Chapel
- Climb up Palatine Hill for panoramic views of Rome
- Follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors and gladiators
Meet your Spanish-speaking guide for a morning tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica. Wander the vast corridors and galleries of one of the most important museums in the world, touring in a small group of no more than 30 people.
Go to the spectacular Cortile del Belvedere, and see the historic maps of ancient cartographers in the Gallery of Maps. See beautiful tapestries by Raphael’s students in the Gallery of Tapestries. Then, gaze in awe at Michelangelo’s miraculous frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. Enter the most important Catholic church in the world as you look inside St. Peter's Basilica, and see Michelangelo’s “La Pieta.” End by Bernini’s colonnades on St. Peter’s Square.
In the afternoon, transfer to the Flavian Amphitheater, better known as the Colosseum, and explore the largest amphitheater ever built. Learn more about the Roman emperors and gladiators, and the bloodthirsty battles put on for the Roman citizens.
Next, go to the heart of Ancient Rome and see the ruins of temples in the Roman Forum. Climb Palatine Hill for panoramic views of where the Ancient Romans met to trade, worship, and conduct their political affairs.
- Skip the line tickets
- Headphones system to hear the guide
- Spanish-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop off
Meet on the corner of Via Leone IV and Via Candia (in front of Burger King). Look for the guides holding a sign with the name of the tour supplier. Please be at the meeting point at least 5 minutes prior to the tour departure (Open in Google Maps)
• Please wear comfortable shoes
• This tour is not suitable for those with mobility issues. Please book a private tour
• You will be required to go through a security check to enter the Basilica of San Pedro. Please do not bring sharp or dangerous objects
• Access to the monuments on this tour is not possible with large backpacks. Please take a small backpack or bag
Product ID: 65108