Explore the Baroque fountains and squares of Rome on a free, 2-hour walking tour, and marvel at architecture that dates from the Roman Empire, through the Renaissance and beyond. See the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, tomb of Raphael, and more.
What to Expect
Enjoy a free walking tour of Rome to see its Baroque fountains and piazzas, starting at the Spanish Steps and ending at the Trevi Fountain. A fully licensed guide will show you the most beautiful monuments of the Eternal City, revealing some of its secrets along the way, as well as where to get the best gelato!
Meet by the Keats Shelley Museum on the Spanish Steps and follow the graceful flow of the staircase up to the late Renaissance church of Trinità dei Monti. Continue to the beautiful church of Saint Andrew, site of 2 famous angels by Bernini.
Next, go to the carved Column of Marcus Aurelius, and admire original scenes from the movie “Gladiator.” Walk to the Pantheon to look inside a remarkably intact Greek-Roman temple, just as the ancient Romans used to do.
After visiting the church of Saint Ignatius, home to one of the finest examples of trompe l'oeil in its dome, continue to the Trevi Fountain for the end of the tour. Throw a coin in the fountain and make a wish to one day return to Rome.
- Licensed English-speaking guide
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Reservation fees
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Meet your guide by the entrance of the Keats and Shelley Museum at the bottom of the Spanish Steps (scalinata della Trinità dei Monti, in front of Acqua di Parma store). They will be wearing a "New Rome Free Tour" badge or holding a sign with the same logo. Please arrive 10 minutes prior the tour starts.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• This tour is only for those who understand English. For the comfort of the group no translating is allowed during the tour
• No smoking, eating or drinking is allowed on the tour. The guide reserves the right to refuse or eject any participants that don't respect these rules for the comfort of others
• Please wear appropriate clothes for entering churches, and make sure you have something to cover your shoulders and knees
• If you enjoyed the free walking tour, please feel free to show your appreciation in the form of tips to your guide
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the tour starting time
• A reservation fee of EUR 2 per person is required
• There is a maximum of 4 people per booking
• In case of no-shows, the reservation fee cannot be refunded
• Children under 7 cannot join this tour
• You can only reserve for up to 4 people at any given time. Multiple bookings are not allowed