Go on a fun and informative 3.5-hour Segway tour through the 7 hills of Rome. Glide your way through a fascinating story about the creation of the city, and hear fascinating historical facts and quirks to keep you entertained.
What to Expect
This Segway tour through Imperial Rome is couched in history and traces the story of its famous twins: Romulus and Remus. A long time ago, Romulus wished to build the new city on the Palatine Hill, but his brother Remus preferred the Aventine Hill. The rest of the story is filled with betrayal, mayhem and – ultimately – murder.
On this Segway tour, you'll hear the tale of Romulus and Remus in addition to the stories of the Caesars and ancient rulers of Rome. If you have never been on a Segway before, you are in for a treat. It's a fun way to get around the 7 hills of Rome, and your guide will show you all the most important sites in a fun and environmentally-friendly way.
Following a brief training session on the self-balancing vehicles, set off on a 3.5-hour tour through all the imperial wonders of the Eternal City, including the Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, Palatine HIll, and the Colosseum. Your guide will also point out lesser known treasures, where you will get a real sense of the grandeur of the city. And, before you depart, make sure to ask about where to head for the best pizza and wine in the city.
- Segway rental
- Tour leader
- iPod touch video/audio guides
What's Not Included
- Tour guide
- Entrance tickets to the attractions
Meet your guide at Via Celimontana, 30-32 (a short walk away from the Colosseum)
What to Remember
• Participants must be aged 16 or over
• Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• Please note that you will not enter the Colosseum or Roman Forum on this tour
• Pregnant women cannot take part in Segway tours
• This tour can only accommodate people weighing between 99 lbs (45 kg) and 249 lbs (113 kg)
• Participants must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
• It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
• Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
• This is an audio-visual Segway tour. This means that touristic information is given through videos on iPod players.
• Adult pricing applies to all customers