Discover world-class art at Rome's top art museums and galleries aboard the Museum Express Bus. Hop on and off at 10 different stops. Opt for an all-in-one ticket and make use of 4 interchange stops to get great views aboard the Panoramic Bus
What to Expect
Explore Rome aboard the brand new, blue single-decker Museum Express Bus and hop on and off at 10 strategic stops along the way. You can jump on and off the bus as often as you like within the validity of your ticket (24, 48 or 72 hours) to discover the city’s top museums, events, exhibition spaces and art collections. The route includes areas that are not easily accessible by public transport.
See the oldest public collection in the world at the Capitoline Museums. Go to the Spada Gallery, famous for its façade and forced perspective gallery by Francesco Borromini. Visit the Vatican Museums and marvel at the papal collections. Admire a breathtaking collection of Roman sculpture at the Palazzo Altemps or travel back in time at the National Etruscan Museum.
Opt for an all-in-one ticket and change route at selected interchange points to climb aboard the Panoramic Bus (same validity). Enjoy views of Rome's main attractions and monuments from the comfort of your seat. There are 4 interchange points: Termini Station, Piazza Venezia, Vatican City and the Trevi Fountain. The all-in-one tickets allow you to take advantage of both routes at a discounted rate.
The Museum Express Bus is air-conditioned and includes free Wi-Fi. Buses run daily (except Mondays) every 30 minutes between 09:00 and 17:00.
Museum Express Bus:
• Termini Station (interchange point with the Panoramic Bus) - Palazzo Massimo and the Baths of Diocletian
• Piazza Venezia (interchange point with the Panoramic bus) - Capitoline Museums, Crypta Balbi, Galleria Doria Pamphilj, Galleria Colonna, Palazzo Valentini, the National Museums of Palazzo Venezia and the Vittoriano Museum Complex
• Vatican City and Castel Sant'Angelo (interchange point with the Panoramic Bus) - Vatican Museums, Palazzo Altemps and National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo
• Trevi Fountain (interchange point with the Panoramic Bus) - Trevi Fountain (please note: buses do not stop here on Saturdays after 15:00 or on Sundays and Bank Holidays)
• Quirinal Hill - Palazzo delle Esposizioni, the Museum of the Imperial Fora and the Scuderie del Quirinale
• Borghese Gallery - in the former Villa Borghese Pinciana
• Rome Zoo-Bioparco - Rome's Zoo in the Villa Borghese
• Belle Arti - National Gallery of Modern Art and the National Etruscan Museum
• Auditorium - Renzo Piano's Auditorium Parco della Musica
• Maxxi - Zaha Hadid's National Museum of the 21st Century Arts.
- Bus ticket
- Hop-on hop-off map of Rome showing both the Panoramic Bus and Museum Express Bus routes with interchange points
What's Not Included
- Museum entrance tickets
- Optional gratuities
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You can board the bus at any of the listed stops.
Know Before You Go
• You can start your tour from any stop along the route. Hop-on and off as many times as you like for the validity of your ticket
• Please note that Rome is a lively city with frequent political events, demonstrations and celebrations. These can disrupt the itinerary at any time, especially during special events, public holidays, during the summer and at weekends. While every effort is made to ensure a smooth and frequent service, there may be delays, reduced frequency and route alternations due to traffic congestion and road closures
• Please note that during the Jubilee of Mercy, the Vatican area and path along the Via della Conciliazione to St. Peter's Square will be closed to traffic for security reasons