The Glory of Rome 4-Hour Segway Tour
From $87 $70 Save up to 20% per personBook now
- Explore the glory of Rome and its ancient sights by self-balancing Segway
- Learn the story of the Roman Republic and "Eternal City"
- See the temple to all gods at the Pantheon
- Discover the "Mouth of Truth" at the marble Bocca della Verità
- Go to the altar of the goddess of peace at the Ara Pacis
- Enjoy panoramic views of Rome and the Vatican from Capitoline Hill
- Stop to take photos of the old chariot race stadium at the Circus Maximus
- Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain
Then, glide to archaeological sites, such as the Largo di Torre Argentina, home to 4 temples from the Roman Republic, and the remains of Pompey's Theatre. See the temple to all the gods at the Pantheon. Stop in the Baroque square of Piazza Navona to look at Bernini's Fountain of the 4 Rivers and its depictions of the Nile, Danube, Ganges, and Rio de la Plata.
Next, go to Hadrian’s Mausoleum at the Castel Sant’Angelo. Get a precious view of St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican City. Zip over to the Ara Pacis altar to the Roman goddess of peace. Continue through beautiful Piazza del Popolo to Piazza di Spagna and the Spanish Steps.
Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain, before going to Piazza Venezia to see the Trajan’s Column and the Altare della Patria monument to Victor Emmanuel II. Continue to Capitoline Hill for another breathtaking view of the “Eternal City.” Look at the ruins of the Roman Forum en route to the Colosseum.
Marvel at this glorious landmark of the Roman Republic, before going to the Circus Maximus where the chariot races of the Roman Empire were held. Stop to take photos of the city on Palatine Hill, before looking at the “Mouth of Truth” (Bocca della Verità), carved from Pavonazzo marble. Return to the start point via the old Jewish Quarter, one of the oldest Jewish settlements in Europe.
- Segway and helmet
- Orientation session
- Tour leader
- Audio guides in different languages
- Bottled water and coffee
- Ponchos in case of rain
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Meet your guide by the Turtles Fountain on Piazza Mattei 11, in the Jewish Quarter of Rome Directions from Piazza Venezia: Head towards the Marcellus Theater (the building that looks like the Colosseum), departing the Vittoriano (the huge white building) on your left. When you reach the Marcellus Theater, turn right. Go straight ahead, following the street to Piazza Mattei, where you will find the Turtles Fountain in the center of the square (Open in Google Maps)
• You must weigh between 40 kilograms (90 pounds) and 110 kilograms (250 pounds)
• This tour is not recommended for pregnant women
• The minimum age requirement is 16 years old. Customers under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
Product ID: 60392