Explore the imperial monuments of Rome on a 3-hour sightseeing tour of the Roman Forum and Colosseum, with an optional Vatican Museums add on. Follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors, citizens, and mighty gladiators at the heart of Ancient Rome.
What to Expect
Begin this 3-hour sightseeing tour of Imperial Rome at the world’s most famous arena; the Colosseum.
Once able to seat up to 50,000 spectators, building of the Colosseum began in 72 A.D. and was finished 8 years later. The scene of wild entertainments - often between man and beast - this mighty monument has been immortalized over the centuries.
Today you can walk on the ancient stones of the Via Sacra, leading from the Colosseum past some of the most important sites of the Roman Forum to Capitoline Hill.
At the Roman Forum you will be at the real political center of the Republic and Imperial Rome. See ancient basilica, triumphal arches, honorary columns, and historic cemeteries, including the Umbilicus Urbus, Curia, House of the Vestal Virgin’s and Trajan’s Column.
Add on an extension to the Vatican Museums if you want to see one of the greatest art collections in the world, housed along 4 miles (7 kilometers) of galleries in more than 1,400 rooms.
- Entrance fees to the Colosseum and Palatino
- Pick-up and drop off service available from the hotels in the interior of the Aurelian Walls
Know Before You Go
• Tour operates rain or shine
• No refunds are given for missed flights, buses, trains etc.
• A total refund will be given for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour departure