From Rome: Tuscan Farm Cookery Class and Wine Tasting
From $158 per personBook now
- Visit an authentic Tuscan farm and vineyard
- Learn to cook a traditional Italian 3-course meal using local, seasonal ingredients from the farm
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor in a beautiful outdoor setting
- Tour the farm and vineyards to learn how a real Tuscan farm produces world-class products
- Taste local wines and learn to identify different grapes and blends as well as differences in soil quality
You’ll be guided through their 40 acres of rolling hills, olive groves, vineyards, and fig trees, and shown the various methods they use to cultivate their award-winning olive oils, fruits and wines. Depending on the season you might see honey being harvested, or oil being milled.
Now that you’ve seen your ingredients it’s time to put them to use. Enter the kitchen with the farm’s matron (or a professional chef if she happens to be away) and immerse yourself in a full course in Tuscan cooking. You’ll learn a plethora of Italian cooking secrets, like the best ways to eat seasonally, how to make the perfect pasta, the secret to velvety pasta sauce, and marrying flavors to make sure that they are always as rich and fresh as the land that produced them. Together with your guide you’ll prepare a three-course meal including dishes such as pastas, fresh bruschetta, rich Tuscan ragu and traditional tiramisu.
After lunching on your creations in an idyllic outdoor setting, you’ll head down to the wine cellar (packed with over 2,500 bottles) for a tour. One of your hosts for the day, the daughter of the farm, is a professional sommelier who oversees the wine production here — so she’s the perfect person to introduce you to the wine of the house and the region.
From field to table, this experience not only brings you the taste of Tuscany, it shows you the knowledge and expertise that go into creating this world-famous cuisine. Your small group of 12 people or fewer will give easy access to your guides who are overjoyed to welcome you into their home and share a slice of their rich culture with you.
- Return train transport from Rome to the farmhouse in Tuscany
- Cooking class with all ingredients
- Tour of the farmhouse estate
- Professionally guided wine tasting
- Small groups of 12 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Meeting Point: This tour meets at Termini train Station, at the beginning of track 1. Directions: a representative will meet you inside the Termini train station, at the beginning of track number 1
• Since this is a functioning farm, it has a few non-human residents too, including two friendly labradors. Although well-trained and well-behaved, the dogs are not kept tied up (except on request) so guests should be comfortable around animals
Product ID: 63836