Visit Castle Odescalchi, a 15th-century feudal fortress, and enjoy a walk in its secret gardens, the location of many celebrity weddings. Take in views of Bracciano Lake during lunch, and enjoy some free time to explore the charming town as well.
What to Expect
Head into the lush countryside outside Rome on a 6-hour tour that takes you to the town of Bracciano. The charming and picturesque old-world village is home to Odescalchi Castle, an impressive and well-preserved medieval feudal fortress.
Admire its classic architecture and imposing rooftop battlements. Once used by Roman nobles for its unparalleled strategic positioning, it is now the esteemed site of celebrity weddings and film productions. Standing majestically above the city, high on a hilltop, it boasts stunning views of Bracciano Lake.
Your expert guide will escort you through the dining rooms, and armories, where antique lances, shields, swords, and other medieval weapons are still displayed, bedrooms, kitchens, and other castle chambers. Bringing the fortress’s rich and vibrant history to life, the guide will provide interactive and educational commentary.
On this exclusive tour, you’ll have the unique opportunity of visiting the Princess’s secret garden, which has been the site of celebrity weddings, including those of Petra Ecclestone and James Stunt, and Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, among others. You’ll also get to visit the Princess’s private rooms, not open to the general public.
You’ll then be able to enjoy time on your own to explore charming Bracciano. This tiny, picturesque town also embodies the medieval magic of the castle.
Above all else, Italy is known for its cuisine. On this tour you’ll be treated to a true local dining delight in a restaurant overlooking Lake Bracciano. Savor a 3-course lunch with wine in this serene setting.
After lunch you'll be transferred back to your hotel in Rome, arriving in the early afternoon.
- Round-trip transportation from Rome by comfortable air-conditioned coach
- Admission ticket to the Castle
- Access to the Princess’s private rooms and garden
- 3-course lunch, including a glass of wine or a soft drink
- Free time in Bracciano village
- Expert local guide
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Meet your guide in the center of Piazza del Popolo, by the large fountain with the lions and the obelisk.
Know Before You Go
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs, so comfortable shoes are recommended
• The provider is unfortunately unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
• Strollers or baby carriages are not permitted on this tour
• The supplier reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to anyone whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other participants or staff